Create a POI
Table of contents
There are two methods to create a POI
- The direct method (creating a POI independent of a route)
- Using the Pro-Planner, while making a route (there is an option to add a POI to your route in the Pro-Planner)
Creating a POI directly
2 steps to create a POI
These are the steps to create a POI
- In case the Location does not exist yet within RouteYou, create first the location (read here how). If you want to know if a Location exists, read here how to look/search for a location.
- In case the Place of Interest exists already, you can add your data to the same location.
- First fo to the Place of Interest-page (here is an example).
- Click on the pencil and select "Add data" (see figure below)
You end up in the edit mode of the Place of Interest. Read here about the POI Create/Edit page.
Creating a POI using the Pro-Planner
Step by step
Activate the RoutePlanner to create a POI (Point of Interest).
- Start the RoutePlanner (log in first!)
- Click in the left menu on "More options" and "Create Points of interest"
- Pan, Zoom or Search an address to position the map to the area of interest.
- Click on the map to create a POI and edit the fields.
For a list of the RouteYou functionalities per type of account: have a look at the RouteYou Functionality Overview per accounttype.