Difference between Location & POI
We make a distinction between a Location and a POI.
A Location is a place on the map/world and the POI is the specific information you or another person/organisation added to that Location.
You first have to create a Location before you can add your POI to it. If the Location exists already, you can add your POI right away.
As a result of this model:
- Nobody owns a Location, but you do own your POI.
- You can create a location
- As long as nobody else added a POI to the Location, you can still edit the Location.
- You can add info (POIs)to Locations that other created and others can add info (POIs)to the Locations you created.
Attributes of the Location
A Location is a place on a map which has a
- Name (in several languages)
- Location Type (only one)
- Centroid position (X,Y coordinate) and/or Polygon representation
Action you can do related to a Location
- Create a location
- Edit a location (only when there are no POIs of other attached to that location)
- Add a name in another language to that location (if the Name in that language does not exist yet)
- Add you POI to a Location
- Edit your POI attached to a Location
- Link your POI to groups (characteristics, themes, your groups,...), and as such link the location indirectly to groups.