POI - group link
What's the use of the POI - group link
A group allows you to collect/link specific content (such as routes, locations). Here are a few great examples why this is useful:
- A Guide to Greece
- A collection of routes of a cycling club
- A collection of points related to a specific theme: e.g. science
- A collection of points with a specific characteristic: e.g. http://www.routeyou.com/group/view/3803/peculiar.en
How to link a POI to a group
- Select a specific location (e.g. via this page) or [help=]search for a specific location[/help]. Check out this example of a location.
- Next to every POI (text), you will see a link "Link to group ". (Read more about the difference between a Location and a POI).
- Click on the
- You arrive at the POI Link page.
- If you like to link a POI to your group, select Own group + select the group you want from the drop down + select Confirm. If you want to make a group, read here how.
- Repeat the action to link to other groups
Why it makes sense to link your POIs to groups
- It makes it easier to find back your POIs, for yourself and others
- It allows you to make groups and plug it in in your website
- The score of your POI and the Location becomes higher the more and better your POI is classified