Creating a group
Table of contents
- Register and/or Log in.
- Go to ‘Groups’ from the main menu and then select ‘Add group’.
- Enter the basic data and customise your group’s visualisation if enabled.
- Language: the language used in the group description
- Name: your preferred group name
- Type: select the default ‘General’ here (the other types are for custom applications).
- Description: share something here about your group’s composition, purpose, and activities.
- Open or closed membership: indicate whether other RouteYou users are welcome to join your group or not.
- Publishing rights: indicate whether other RouteYou users have permission to link routes to your group.
- Avatar: select a relevant image or photo here. This is the icon that will appear in all RouteYou lists. A good avatar makes a big difference. It helps users instantly spot your group in a list. For a more user-friendly group, we definitely recommend it.
- Logo: upload your logo or relevant image here. This image will display in a large format at the top of your group page.
This feature is only accessible with a Premium account or higher upgrade.
Don’t forget to save!
‘Add another group’: tick this box to automatically return to the ‘create page’ and create another group. It’s a convenient feature for professional organisations that need to create several different groups.
Now that you’ve created your group, a whole range of new options are open to you, e.g.
- Linking routes to a group and printing them as a group map.
- Linking POIs to a group
- Adding members (users) to a group and communicating with them
- Collaborating on a route or route network