Linking and unlinking group content
Table of contents
- What kind of content can I link to a group?
- How to link or unlink select content to or from a group
Routes, points/places of interest, and even other RouteYou users and your own members can be linked to a group.
- Log in[/help] and search for or go to the route or place of interest you have in mind. (Find out how to do that here.)
- Click the pencil icon (Edit) at the top of the right-hand column on the route or place of interest’s description page to access Classify .
This will display a pop-up with three tabs. From here, you can link your route or place of interest to a default list of Characteristics and Themes or Groups.
- Use the Search terms field to find the group you have in mind easily. To quickly filter by your own groups, activate the ‘My groups’ box.
- Once you’ve found the right group, click to select. That will change the background colour from white to light green/blue.
This option allows you to link multiple groups to a route or place of interest in one go.
Now, these will automatically display when you visit a group to which you’ve linked one or more routes or places of interest.
You can also always check a route or place of interest’s description page to see which groups have been linked. To do that, just click the Information tab and select Route description. That will provide you with a list of icons related to the linked characteristics, themes, and groups. And at the same time, it clearly demonstrates why linking a recognisable avatar to your group is so essential. Hover your pointer over the icons to make a label and related title (name) appear.
To unlink a route or place of interest from a group, follow the same steps in reverse. This should turn the selection field’s background colour white again. The group will also no longer appear in the Route description.