Delete a POI
Table of contents
- Search for a location (place) and POI you wish to delete (read here how to find your specific location). Select the location so you get to the location page (here an example)
- To the right you see a button Add your own info (select that button)
- You get to the edit page and you see the info only YOU can edit (in most cases, a lot of info will disappear on that page because you are not the owener of that info)
- Next to your texts (POI) linked to this location you get the options Link to group / Edit this text / Delete text .
- Select Delete text and confirm
- You POI is now removed in the POI db. The location is still there. You can't remove the Location (read here the difference between a Location & POI). We remove locations with no information frequently.
POIs are stored in the central database. So o remove your POI, you have to remove it from the POI database as described above.
But once your POI is pushed/put along your route, you keep an instance of that POI along your route. This has a few consequences and a few advantages and disadvatages.
- A POI which is changed in the POI db is not automatically changed along the routes (e.g. this has the advantage that if you make a topical route such as Christmas route with specific info related to Christmas, POIs are not automatically updated with not relevant info for your Christmas route). It has the disadvantnage that you manually have to update the POIs along your route. Read here how to do this in a semi-automatic way.
- To change the POI in your route, you have to edit your route (read here how to edit your route).