Download route on MIO GPS
Table of contents
- Use MIO-share to upload a GPX to your MIO GPS
- Manual upload of a GPX to your MIO GPS
This method is recommended by MIO but is currently only available for the most recent devices of the CycloTM Discover Series.
- Go to www.mioshare.com
- Sign in/up
- Click the orange button at the top right and select Account
- Go to the Synchronization settings
- Click on Link my account next to the RouteYou logo to connect to RouteYou
- Enter the email address of your RouteYou account and create the link
- You will now receive an e-mail from RouteYou with a link to complete the connection
- A. MIO DISCOVER PLUS: Wireless synchronization is only possible with the Discover Plus. Check on the device whether the WiFi sync function is enabled via Main menu> Settings> WIFI sync.
B. MIO DISCOVER: For the Discover, synchronization is done via Mio's CycloAgent software. Download after login at www.mioshare.com/help. Now connect your device to your PC via a USB cable and open the CycloAgent Software. Then it will be checked whether new routes are available for transfer.
- You can now consult your routes from your device via Tours
Or watch this video to see how it is done.
Attention! Your Cyclo recordings are also synchronized with your RouteYou account.
If this automatic method fails, we advise you to go for the manual upload.
This upload is related to the following types of MIO GPS devices
- Mio Cyclo305 (and other Cyclo devices)
- Go to the RouteYou website and select a route + select the download page of that route (check out this example)
- From the download page, click on the GPX-file to download the file to your PC :
- Remember where you downloaded this file (probably on the Download directory of your user account)
- Connect a mini-usb/usb from your Mio device to your PC
- Switch on your Mio device
- Activate in Windows your File Manager (shortcut WindowButton + e)
- You will see now that you have two extra devices with Removable Storage: Mio_system(X) and Mio_data (Y). Note that X and Y are just an example. It depends on other available devices attached on your PC.
- Select Mio_data
- Select the sub-directory on Mio_data where the TRACKs are stored. This is /Dodge/tracks/
- Copy the downloaded file in Step 1 to this directory
- Disconnect your device from your PC
- From your Home-menu on your Mio device, select Navigate
- From the Navigate-menu on your Mio device, select Tracks
- You will see now the downloaded track in the list. Click on the route (track)