Table of contents
- What are "recommended" routes and what is the use?
- Suggest a route as a candidate to become a RouteYou recommended route
- Frequently asked questions
- I want to remove the "Not verified".
What are "recommended" routes and what is the use?
At RouteYou, we like to encourage the use of good routes and endorse the hard work of the users who create good routes.
By a "Recommended" route, we mean a "beautiful"/"suitable" route for recreational purposes.
A route gets the "Recommended" label if the route has at least 3 stars as a score. Here you can read which evaluation criteria we use. And on this page we explain how you can improve your route to get a higher score.
If a route gets the "Recommended" label it will have the following effects:
- SEARCH: Other users can easily find recommended routes. The standard search results will initially show routes that are "Recommended". However, you as a user can intervene on the search results and lower the score limit (read more about the search options here)
- STAMP: On the RoutePage it is clearly visible that your route is a "Recommended" via a stamp "Recommended" at the top of the column with route information.
- VISIBILITY: The route will get much more "exposure" and "views", and thus more prominence.
- NEWSLETTER: Recommended routes will also be highlighted in the RouteYou newsletter.
Suggest a route as a candidate to become a RouteYou recommended route
- When you get to the RoutePage you will see a "Share" button . Click and then choose the option "Suggest as a recommender".
- A pop-up will appear in which you can tell us why you recommend the route in question. Indicate how good you thought the route was, tick what is appropriate for the route and if you wish you can also leave additional feedback. Click on the "Confirm" button.
What happens next?
- A message is sent to RouteYou.
- Your route is analyzed on a set of criteria (read more about those criteria here).
- The score of the route is adjusted.
- The result of the evaluation can be consulted immediately via the reactions. Based on that it is already possible to see what can be improved to get an even higher score. The author of the route normally also receives an email of this.
We reserve the right to keep the score low or not to react if we think the request is not serious.
Frequently asked questions
I want to remove the "Not verified".
The only way to get that removed is to submit that route as "Recommended" and explain why this route is verified.