RouteYou Royalty-free Route Map
Table of contents
- What's the RouteYou Royalty-free Route Map
- Different flavours
- How does that work?
- How to purchase a RouteYou Royalty-Free Route Map.
- Frequently asked questions
- Why is the price of a poster print cheaper than the price of a Royalty free print?
- I don't see this product option for some routes, what's the reason?
- I still want another, personalized layout for the print. Can RouteYou provide this?
- Why should I pay for this file/print while the default prints are free?
The RouteYou royalty-free Route Map is a (digital) map that shows the selected route on a background map for purposes of publishing the route map in your printed or online publications. The resolution (detail) is especially optimized for printed products like flyers, brochures, books or newspapers without any limitations in number of prints or page views.
- You are a publisher of a magazine, newspaper or book.
- In your book, newspaper, or magazine, you want to put a map with a the route you created on RouteYou
- You are not allowed to do this with standard Google Maps (although that is technically very easy to do), because of the copyright limitations
- As a publisher, you don't have yet a clue if you will sell 1000 items or 10 000 items.
- This product covers this problem. RouteYou made an agreement with the mapprovider to have no limitations on the number of maps/items you distribute. You just purchase this product for a small fixed price.
- Your organisation creates an event linked to a cycling route, a walk,...
- You want to provide all the people joining that event a booklet or a flyer with the route on it. You want to give that for free or you want to sell the flyer. It doesn't matter.
- Purchase the RouteYou Royalty-free Route Map for that route and put that map in your flyer/booklet
- This product covers the copyright problem you normally have with the maps you want to use in these kind of conditions. RouteYou made an agreement with the mapprovider to have no limitations on the number of maps/items you distribute. You just purchase this product for a small fixed price.
- Your complete route is displayed on the map
- The map area fits your route as close as possible
- The major toponyms and streetnames are displayed on the map
- There is a relief shadow on top of the map indicating the height differences in the map
- The contour lines (or iso lines) are presenting the height on the map. The contour interval is depending on the relief amplitude of your area.
- PDF format
- Vector format (choose your own DPI for analog printing but this product is not suitable if you want to print the map as a poster. (check out the poster print product for this purpose).
- The height/width ratio of the map is similar to fit on a A4 format
- Orientation depends on the oreintation of the route.
We provide the map in three colour schemes
What are you allowed to do with this Route Map?
- You are allowed to create AS MANY PRINTS AS YOU LIKE from the generated file, or you are allowed to put that in as many items of your magazine/flyer,... as you like.
- You are allowed to sell or give the maps (or items that include this map) for free. That does not affect the price. It is fixed!
- You are allowed to publish the Route Map in its digital form on your website or in your newsletter and show it without any page view limitations.
RouteYou made an agremeent with the mapprovider to offer this solution. It covers the royalties due to the use of the map behind the route for the cases described above.
- we all don't have to waste time to discuss about prices
- the payment-system is automated
- the generation of the maps is automated
we can keep the price very low.
- Go to a route of your own. You must be the author of that route! We can offer you the royalty-free map behind the route, but the route belongs to the author.
- Go to the download/print options (read along here if you can't find it)
- Click the Print option and one of the types of print options (e.g. Overview)
- Click on the "More Options"
- Under Usage, select: [ ] Personal [X] Royalty Free
The answer is related to how you are allowed to use the map. The poster print is for limited non-commercial and a maximum of 10 poster prints.
- We don't have a contract yet with the provider of data in this region.
- The size of the area needed to cover your route is too large.
Yes we can. Please contact sales[at-r.]. Take into account that the price will be much higher because we have to put some cartographers on top of this job to tune it to your liking.
There are the following reasons
- This covers the royalties due to the mapprovider used to generate these maps
- This covers the cost to generate and store the info on the RouteYou servers
For a list of the RouteYou functionalities per type of account: have a look at the RouteYou Functionality Overview per accounttype.