RouteYou Poster Print (A0)
Table of contents
What's the RouteYou Poster Print (A0)
The RouteYou Poster Print is a (digital) map that shows the selected route on a background map and that is meant for purposes of making a poster print of this route map. The resolution (detail) is optimized for great quality printing up to A0-format.
The major characteristics
- Your complete route is displayed on the map
- The map area fits your route as close as possible
- The streetnames are displayed on the map where possible
The major technical characteristics
- PDF format
- Vector based (choose own DPI for analog printing)
- Absolute size depends on the shape of your route
- The height/width ratio of the map is similar to fit on a A0-A4 format
We provide the map in three colour schemes
- Grey: The map is grey but the route is in colour. DOWNLOAD here an example.
- Semi-grey: The map is in a grey-light pastel colours, and the route in colour. DOWNLOAD here an example.
- Colour: The map is in full colour and the route too. DOWNLOAD here an example
What are you allowed to do with this print?
You are allowed to publish up to 10 poster prints, but not more because this product does not cover unlimited use of the map content.
Check the product Royalty Free Route Map for other purposes.
You are NOT allowed to provide the digital format for download or display on a website or any other electronic carrier. Check the product Royalty Free Route Map for other purposes.
Getting the print on paper or canvas
If you don't have a printer to print A0 you have the following possibilities:
- A lot of copy centers in your neighbourhood might have a printing solution on A0 or A1. You can just send it to them or put the file on a USB stick.
- There are quite some printing on demand websites offering the upload of the print file (*.png) and sending you the print. Read more about Printing on demand
Frequently asked questions
Why is the price of a poster print cheaper than the price of an A4 format? One would expect the opposite
The answer is related to how you are allowed to use the map. The poster print is for limited and personal or non-commercial use: see above "What are you allowed to do with this print file?". We provide a special product Royalty Free Route Map to provide a solution for integration of the route map in publications or websites.
I don't see this product option for some routes, what's the reason?
- We don't have a contract yet with the provider of data in this region.
- The size of the area needed to cover your route is too large.
I still want another, personalized layout for the print. Can RouteYou provide this?
Yes we can. Please contact sales[at-r.] .Take into account that the price will be much higher because we have to put some cartographers on top of this job to tune it to your liking.
Why should I pay for this file/print while the default prints are free?
There are the following reasons
- This covers the royalties of the mapprovider used to generate these maps
- This covers the cost to generate and store the info on the RouteYou servers
For a list of the RouteYou functionalities per type of account: have a look at the RouteYou Functionality Overview per accounttype.