RouteYou Poster Print (A0)
Table of contents
- What's the RouteYou Poster Print (A0)
- Different flavours
- What are you allowed to do with this print?
- Getting the print on paper or canvas
- Frequently asked questions
- Why is the price of a poster print cheaper than the price of an A4 format? One would expect the opposite
- I don't see this product option for some routes, what's the reason?
- I still want another, personalized layout for the print. Can RouteYou provide this?
- Why should I pay for this file/print while the default prints are free?
- Where can I find the A0 Poster Print?
What's the RouteYou Poster Print (A0)
The RouteYou Poster Print is a (digital) map that shows the selected route on a background map and that is meant for purposes of making a poster print of this route map. The resolution (detail) is optimized for great quality printing up to A0-format.
Key content features
- Your complete route is displayed on the map
- The map area fits your route as close as possible
- The streetnames are displayed on the map where possible
The most important technical properties
- PDF format
- Vector based (choose own DPI for analog printing)
- Absolute size depends on the shape of your route
- The height/width ratio of the map is similar to fit on a A0-A4 format
We offer the menu in different styles. Check them all out here. If your preference is not among the standard styles, be sure to contact us further.
What are you allowed to do with this print?
The detailed explanation of what you are allowed to do can be found in the User Agreement which we ask you to agree to when you purchase and which you can read here.
By purchasing and downloading this Product you agree:
- to use this product only for personal and/or non-commercial use where up to 10 prints can be made for publication
- only store more than one copy of this Product if this is necessary for your personal use
- not to use the product for any purpose other than making a poster print
- that any use of the product for purposes other than printing, such as, but not limited to, display, positioning and localization or GPS navigation on electronic devices is strictly prohibited. For personal use on Garmin navigation platforms, please refer to our Product "Garmin Custom Map".
- you may not redistribute, sell, license or sublicense this Product or the information contained in it in any form, including but not limited to digital or print form, as a stand-alone Product, or integrated in another publication or derivative work
- that you are not permitted to use this Product or its printed version, in whole or in part, in marketing or commercial publications or campaigns, including, but not limited to, inclusion in flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, books, email or video. For such use, please refer to the RouteYou Product "RouteYou Royalty Free Route Map".
- it is not permitted to remove any of the copyright notices
Getting the print on paper or canvas
If you don't have a printer to print A0 you have the following possibilities:
- A lot of copy centers in your neighbourhood might have a printing solution on A0 or A1. You can just send it to them or put the file on a USB stick.
- There are quite some printing on demand websites offering the upload of the print file (*.png) and sending you the print. Read more about Printing on demand
Frequently asked questions
Why is the price of a poster print cheaper than the price of an A4 format? One would expect the opposite
The answer is related to how you are allowed to use the map. The poster print is for limited and personal or non-commercial use: see above "What are you allowed to do with this print?". We provide a special product Royalty Free Route Map to provide a solution for integration of the route map in publications or websites.
I don't see this product option for some routes, what's the reason?
- We don't have a contract yet with the provider of data in this region.
- The size of the area needed to cover your route is too large.
- This option is only visible for your own routes. After all, the copyright concerns the background map not the route itself.
I still want another, personalized layout for the print. Can RouteYou provide this?
Yes we can. Please contact sales[at-r.] .Take into account that the price will be much higher because we have to put some cartographers on top of this job to tune it to your liking.
Why should I pay for this file/print while the default prints are free?
There are the following reasons
- This covers the royalties of the mapprovider used to generate these maps
- This covers the cost to generate and store the info on the RouteYou servers
Where can I find the A0 Poster Print?
- Log in and go to the route
- Click on the "Download/Print" button
- There, under "Print" you will see a series of options. One of them is the A0 Poster Print
- You can order there and you will be automatically redirected to the file to download.
- If you still want to find that file afterwards:
- Log in
- Go to "My purchases" via the avatar in your personal menu.
- There, in the list, you will find the link to your printout
For a list of the RouteYou functionalities per type of account: have a look at the RouteYou Functionality Overview per accounttype.