RouteYou A4 Royalty-free Route Map
Table of contents
What's the RouteYou A4 Royalty-free Route Map
The RouteYou A4 royalty-free Route Map is a (digital) map that shows the selected route on a background map for purposes of publishing the route map in your printed or online publications. The resolution (detail) is especially optimized for printed products like flyers, brochures, books or newspapers for a maximum size of A4 format and without any limitations in number of prints or page views.
A few typical cases to understand how you can use this product
The publisher case
- You are a publisher of a magazine, newspaper or book.
- In your book, newspaper, or magazine, you want to put a map with a the route you created on RouteYou
- You are not allowed to do this with standard Google Maps (although that is technically very easy to do), because of the copyright limitations
- As a publisher, you don't have yet a clue if you will sell 1000 items or 10 000 items.
- This product covers this problem. RouteYou made an agreement with the mapprovider to have no limitations on the number of maps/items you distribute. You just purchase this product for a small fixed price.
The flyer case
- Your organisation creates an event linked to a cycling route, a walk,...
- You want to provide all the people joining that event a booklet or a flyer with the route on it. You want to give that for free or you want to sell the flyer. It doesn't matter.
- Purchase the RouteYou A4 Royalty-free Route Map for that route and put that map in your flyer/booklet
- This product covers the copyright problem you normally have with the maps you want to use in these kind of conditions. RouteYou made an agreement with the mapprovider to have no limitations on the number of maps/items you distribute. You just purchase this product for a small fixed price.
The major characteristics
- Your complete route is displayed on the map
- The map area fits your route as close as possible
- The major toponyms and streetnames are displayed on the map
- There is a relief shadow on top of the map indicating the height differences in the map
- The contour lines (or iso lines) are presenting the height on the map. The contour interval is depending on the relief amplitude of your area.
The major technical characteristics
- PDF format
- Vector format (choose your own DPI for analog printing but this product is not suitable if you want to print the map as a poster. (check out the poster print product for this purpose).
- The height/width ratio of the map is similar to fit on a A4 format
- Orientation depends on the oreintation of the route.
We provide the map in three colour schemes
What are you allowed to do with this Route Map?
- You are allowed to create AS MANY PRINTS AS YOU LIKE from the generated file, or you are allowed to put that in as many items of your magazine/flyer,... as you like.
- You are allowed to sell or give the maps (or items that include this map) for free. That does not affect the price. It is fixed!
- You are allowed to publish the Route Map in its digital form on your website or in your newsletter and show it without any page view limitations.
How does that work?
RouteYou made an agremeent with the mapprovider to offer this solution. It covers the royalties due to the use of the map behind the route for the cases described above.
- we all don't have to waste time to discuss about prices
- the payment-system is automated
- the generation of the maps is automated
we can keep the price very low.
How to purchase / where do you find these map products
Above the RouteViewer on the RoutePage, you see the download-button. Select that button to get to the DownloadPage.
On the DownloadPage, in col 2 you will see the option Royalty-free Route Map (see screenshot below)
Frequently asked questions
Why is the price of a poster print cheaper than the price of an A4 format? One would expect the opposite
The answer is related to how you are allowed to use the map. The poster print is for limited non-commercial and a maximum of 10 poster prints.
I don't see this product option for some routes, what's the reason?
- We don't have a contract yet with the provider of data in this region.
- The size of the area needed to cover your route is too large.
I still want another, personalized layout for the print. Can RouteYou provide this?
Yes we can. Please contact sales[at-r.]. Take into account that the price will be much higher because we have to put some cartographers on top of this job to tune it to your liking.
Why should I pay for this file/print while the default prints are free?
There are the following reasons
- This covers the royalties due to the mapprovider used to generate these maps
- This covers the cost to generate and store the info on the RouteYou servers
For a list of the RouteYou functionalities per type of account: have a look at the RouteYou Functionality Overview per accounttype.