My Maps - GoogleMaps
What's My Map of Google maps
My Map is a subset of the Google maps-suite of Google. It allows you to create and publish your own maps on the web, and also to make them available via mobile devices using a mobile version of My Maps (such as the My Maps Editor of Google for Android phones).
How to upload a route of RouteYou to My Map (the Web-version)
- Search for the route on RouteYou you want to put in My Map of Google maps (read here how to do this).
- Download your route as a GPX-file or download the Google Earth version (KMZ version) of the RouteYou-route to your computer (put it on your desktop or any place on your computer so you remember where it is) - (read here how to do this).
- Go to Google maps (http://maps.google.com)
- At the top left, you will see an menu-option "My Maps" (select this)
- Select the option Create New Map
- Select the option Import
- Here you have to select the route-file (GPX, KMZ or KML file) you just downloaded from RouteYou to your computer (use the select file-button) + confirm!
- Give a title to your route & you are done: you just created a new map in My Maps of GoogleMaps, based on the RouteYou route. You can now use it within My Maps of Goolge maps, or in other apps linked to this, such as the My Maps Editor for mobile devices.
My Map (the mobile version)
The Maps in My Map are also made available on a mobile version of My Map.
For Android mobile devices, the ap is My Map Editor (read here more) For iPhone mobile devices, the ap is ...
Read more about it here