Using routes of RouteYou on your Android device
Android apps linked to RouteYou
A great set of partners of RouteYou developed or are busy developing applications on Android phones, using the RouteYou-routes and webservices as a backbone.
Here is an overview of the applications
Read more about Ulugh here...
Read more about GuideYou here...
Using My Map Editor from Google Maps
My Maps is a Google ap that you can download on your Android device. It allows you to see RouteYou-routes and follow them on your Android device (including the POIs).
How to download My Maps of Google on your Android device
- Take your Android Device and select the "Market"-ap: this allows you to search for aps which are made available for Android
- In the Market-ap: select Search and search for "My Maps" or "My Maps Editor". You will get a list: select My Maps Editor by Google from Google Inc.
Get a route on your Android device
- Go to your computer: Upload routes from RouteYou to My Maps (read here how to do this)
- Go back to your Android Device and start up the My Maps Editor.
A user informed us that the "My Maps Editor" doesn't work on Android 2.2. Froyo! Hopefully, this is just a temporary bug, since both softwares are from Google.
- Select the menu option (on your Android Device) to get the menu of the My Maps Editor
- Select the Maps List (you get to see the list of maps that you created as My Maps of GoogleMaps).