Table of contents
- What's a Content partnership
- Content partnership based on routes
- Content partnership based on POIs
- Content partnership on the level of Networks
- Content partnership on the level of maps
- Extra info
- Other interesting links
- Contact us to discuss a partnership
The content partnership is based on the principle that you share your content with RouteYou and we provide
- a channel for your content leading to exposure/publicity,feed-back and/or even re-licence it for you. With a network of websites and plugins in websites of > 1 000 000 users / month, this could be an obvious interesting channel for you (check here our website statistics).
- a great set of tools to maintain, present and use your content in all kind of ways
The main types of content that is shared in this way is
- POIs (Point of Interest) such as heritage POIs, touristics POIs but also practical POIs (e.g. hotels, restaurants, ...)
- Routes such as touristic routes, recreational routes
- Networks such as cycling networks or walking networks
- Via the websites of RouteYou (the major ones are www.routeyou.com and m.routeyou.com) you get great exposure/publicity of your content. An obvious example is a museum, hotel, camping or B&B. But it also works for recreational routes to convince people to come and do activities in your area (see further for some great examples).
- Via RouteYou, people get to your website. We have plenty of link-opportunities to inform people to get more information on your website.
- You also get feed-back from our community about your content (what's wrong, what's out of date). We provide more than a million eyes and ears per month to get feed-back.
- We frequently get requests to provide specific data on off-line GPS products. If your data is suitable, we can licence your data for you to those customers. So we can be a licencing channel for your content.
- Via partnerwebsites such as websites of newspapers we also provide functionality and can provide your content, again generating more exposure.
- Once your content is in the RouteYou-environment, you get a lot of functionality on our website, on our mobiel website or via plugins/widgets, you can easily use in your own website(s) or build your own apps and websites with [help=]our web services[/help]. On top of that, you get access to tools of our partner-app builders.
- Confirm the partnership agreement (if a formal one is needed)
- Provide us your content in a digital format so we can easily integrate it. Or provide us an access method (API/web service, flux, ...) to your content.
- Tell us any time you want to stop with the partnership and we remove you data
- We send you a partnership agreement (only if a formal one is needed and our general user agreement you confirm to when you create an account on RouteYou doesn't cover the collaboration)
- We make an account for you on RouteYou YOU can control yourself at all times (e.g. remove or change content).
- We import your content (on regular basis if possible).
- We promote our collaboration in as many ways as possible (on our website, newsletters, facebook, twitter, training sessions, presentations, ...)
- We inform you about opportunities related to new products and/or the possibility to licence your content to customers of us
- We remove your content the moment you stop the agreement.
- BMW: cycling routes povided by BMW as promotion or the bicycles of BMW (yes, they don't only sell cars and motorbikes but have great bicycles too!). Check out the bicycle routes here.
- Have a look at the POIs they provide here on RouteYou.
- City of Ghent: Providing touristic routes in several languages promotes the city.Have a look at this example. This one route in 3 languages was already good for an exposure of > 300 000 views.
- Fietsparadijs Limburg (Tourist organisation of Limburg): Example of routes provided in the German language to attract international tourists in the region.
- iBeaken: a great provider of heritage POIs and extra apps and websites. Have a look at the POIs they provide here on RouteYou.
- Historvius: a great provider of Historical POIs with a great website. Have a look at the POIs they provide here on RouteYou.
RouteYou is interested in providing specific networks related to recreational routing in their planners. Good examples are cycling node networks, walking node networks, MTB networks,...
The user can make free use of these networks.
Under the condition that RouteYou can make use of the provided network on their products (planners, maps), RouteYou commits to a free update of the network once per year, based on the supplied data of the provider. This is under the condition that:
- the data is provided in a digital format
- the network is topologically and spatially ccorrect
In the case that specific clean-up /correction actions or manual input has to be executed or in the case that extra updates have to be done (more than once per year) specific agreements have to be made related to the cost.
Topographic maps: the Dutch provide the topographical maps for free (cf. Inspire directive of EU). We provide the extra functionality to plan and view routes on top of these maps. On regular basis, we do updates of the map. Have look here in the RoutePlanner and select the maplayer "Topographic Map" (zoom in on an area in the Benelux)
Here is an overview of where YOU show up on RouteYou as a content-provider
- The user-page: you get a complete user page so you can write sometehing about you or your organisation. Here is an example.
- The text author-link on the location-page: above the text of a POI, there is always an indication of the author. Clicking on the author get's you to the author-page on RouteYou where information about the author or organisation can be read. Here is an example.
- The picture author-link on the location-page: next to the picture of a POI, there is always link to the author of the picture. This can link directly to the site of the author or organisation. Here is an example.
- The more info-link on the location-page: below the text, there is an option to provide a more info-link to get to a website where teh user can get more info about the POI or organisation behind the POI. This way, the users of RouteYou get to your website. Here is an example.
Interested in setting up a partnership or to learn more about it, please contact info[at-r.].