Table of contents
- Consent Management
- Types of Data we collect
- Why do we collect this Data
- Retention of Data
- Transfer of Data
- Sharing and Disclosure of Data
- Communication with Site Visitors and Users
- Your Data Protection Rights
- 3rd Party Service Providers
- Other Sites using RouteYou Services
- Information Security
- Data Integrity
- Children's Privacy
- Contact Us
Last update: 23/11/2020
The policy also describes the rights and controls that you have associated with the collected data.
Read this policy carefully and make sure you fully understand our practices in relation to the use of your personal information before you access or use any of our Services.
Bu using our Services you also accept our Terms and Conditions.
We participate in IAB Europe's transparency and consent framework and comply with its specifications and guidelines.
To this end, we use Google Ad Manager's Consent Management Platform (CMP), in accordance with the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework. Google's CMP allows you to grant us data protection compliant consent to process your data and to revoke such consent and amend it at any time.
Under the "Privacy Manager" button at the top of this page, you can reset your consent at any time and you will find an overview for which purposes and applications your data can be used, as well as of all third parties involved.
We may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you, or to keep track of your preferences, your payment transactions or your use of our services. Some personal data may be obligatory to make use of the service, other may be optional. Personal data may include but is not limited to:
- Email address
- User name
- Your usage and content preferences
- Payment and transaction information
- Your communication with us
- Your comments posted on the website
- Your location data
We also may combine the information you submit under your account with information we derive from your usage of our website, products or services to draw up and store your user profile.
We also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type and browser version, pages that you visit, time spent on those pages, the time and date of your visit, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you make use of 3rd party accounts like Google, Facebook, Strava or others to log-in to your account on RouteYou and/or when you share information on their platforms, we might get access to some of the info you publically shared with these platforms, amongst others but at a least your email address.
RouteYou uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide, operate and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide you with customer and technical support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with non-personalized advertisement
- To personalise your user experience of our services
- To provide you with personalised advertisement that might better fit your interests
- To be able to contact you with general or personalized service-related notices and updates
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
- To be able to send you newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information customized to your interest, but, if and only if you have given us consent to do so.
RouteYou will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained or processed on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
RouteYou only shares or discloses your personal information with other companies or individuals outside of RouteYou in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We might provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of RouteYou, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Under certain circumstances, RouteYou may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
RouteYou may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of RouteYou
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may send account-related email messages that are triggered by your site activity, such as welcome emails, notifications and reminders.
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, about the services and products you have been using or are subscribed to.
If necessary we might contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you.
For all these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
We will only contact you for promotional purposes, via newsletters or other channels, if you have given us your upfront consent by opting-in for such communication.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our e-mails, by updating your communication preferences under your account on the website or by contacting us directly.
You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your account or to your subscription or products purchased because we need to be able to contact you with general or personalized service-related notices and updates.
RouteYou aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where RouteYou relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Via the button "Privacy Manager" at the top of this page, you can always view and change the status of your consent. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
You have the right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties might have access to some of your Personal and Non-Personal Data, but only to perform these tasks on our behalf and without the right to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Amongst others, we use the following 3rd party service providers for the following purposes:
We make use of 3rd party online services to store and process our data. Parties we use are a.o. Amazon, Hostbasket, Host Europe, Google Maps. Be sure to also read the section about "Data Transfer" related to this subject.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may also use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Advertising enables RouteYou to keep most of the use of its website, mobile apps and services free of charge. We work hard to make sure that ads are safe, unobtrusive, and as relevant as possible. For our ad serving technology we make use of Google DoubleClick for Publishers to make sure that, to the extent possible, ads will not contain malware, will not promote counterfeit goods or cannot make misuse of your personal information.
To use our website and mobile apps you should either accept the placement of advertisements or upgrade your account to an Ad Free MyRouteYou Plus account that also opens up access to functionality that is not part of the MyRouteYou Free account. Upgrading can be done here.
We consider ad free usage, by making use of an Ad Blocker, as unfair behaviour towards those users that would like to continue using our services for free and therefore do accept ads. To prevent users of using such an Ad Blocker we preserve the right to place a script to detect ad blocking and to block further usage of our services as a consequence.
We may provide paid products, subscriptions and services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing.
We will not store or collect your payment card or account details. That information is provided by you directly to our third-party payment processors. The only information that we store about the transaction is the time and date, the type of payment, the amount and the transaction id that we get from the provider.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to RouteYou employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
RouteYou processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Our Service does not specifically address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: privacy[at-r.]
- By mail: Kerkstraat 108 9050 Gent Belgium
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Belgium and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Belgian courts.