Legend of places of interest
Table of contents
The Places of interest (POIs) have a specific icon for each type. For an overview of POI types, click here.
The entire list of places of interest is divided into 6 categories, each of which has been assigned a specific color:
- Nature (green)
- Transportation (blue)
- Culture (red)
- Service (yellow)
- Areas / regions (pink)
- Constuctions/buildings/other (gray)
The importance of a place of interest or POI is visually communicated through the size of the pin. This importance is determined by the information value of a place of interest which is embodied in the score of the place of interest. Read more about that here.
There are 3 formats:
- The largest size indicates a POI score of 5 or 4.
- The middle size indicates a POI score of 3 or 2.
- The smallest size indicates a POI score of 1 or 0. Additionally, with this size, the icon linked to the POI type is no longer shown in the pin.
The start and end points each have their own specific icon. If the starting point and end point are the same, they are displayed one above the other:
- Starting point of a route
- End point of a route
- Starting and end point of a route coincide