RouteYou for tourism organization and tourism-related organizations
Table of contents
- The complete circle
- An excellent channel to promote routes and places in your region
- A lot of functionality to make use of your routes and route-accomodation
- Production and support
- Revenue models
- Some great examples
RouteYou built a platform to get your tourism routes through the complete recreational circle as shown in the figure below. And this as well from a user's point of view as from an organization's point of view.
This means that we built a platform where you can as well create your routes and POIs, maintain, publish, share, present routes with multimedia, classify, group, present on your platform (website), use as print or on gps or on smartphone,...follow up statistics, get feed-back, update your network,...
Let us walk you through the main aspects of this flow and why RouteYou might be a good solution for you on one or all of these aspects.
RouteYou has more than 1 200 000 visits per month on their platforms (http://www.routeyou.com, mobile website m.routeyou.com and smartphone apps). A lot of tourism organizations use the RouteYou platform to spread their content and to get in the picture. Below, you will find some success stories and great examples. A typical good performing tourism organization on RouteYou gets about 20 000 views per month and more than 200 000 views per year on the RouteYou platform alone. And that doesn't include the views on their own website.
The RouteViewer allows the user to get convinced about your great routes:
- presenting the route and points of interest on a variety of maps (Google maps, topographic maps, satellite images, Open Streetmap, your owns map,...)
- showing the amazing sites along your route with pictures, video or sound
- a profile presenting the change in altitude
- a set of statistics indicating the difficulty and other route variables
And this can be displayed on the RouteYou website or your own (mobile) website.
Example of a RouteViewer (plugged in in this help page)
Via the RouteYou platform, you can classify and group your routes in as many ways and dimensions as you like.
- Themes: e.g. architecture, history, science, literature, film,...
- Charactersitics: e.g. child friendly, wheel chair friendly,...
- Groups: whatever you can think of such as "Art deco routes you should do in autumn"
The MapSearch allows you to present these grouped routes in your website or on the RouteYou platform, so you can focus your users on what kind of specific sets you have to offer in your region.
And is also allows your users to search in the long tail of all these great routes and/or locations you provide. As well on your RouteYou account as on your own website.
- You might have a very specific cycling, walking or even inline skating network in your area. Based on these networks we can provide unique RoutePlanners for your region so your vistors can create their own routes.
- Or you want to provide a network in combination with a specific set of POIs: eg. "plan a cycling route around our cultural heritage sites".
- With the suggestion function, you get a great route in a few seconds.
- You can present your RoutePlanners on your RouteYou account or on your own website.
- And with the Routeplanners of RouteYou you can also create and maintain the routes you want to share.
You don't want to limit the use of your route to one specific platform or app. You want to support the use of your routes in as many ways and on as many platforms as possible. After all, it is hard to predict what kind of devices the visitors of your area have today or tomorrow.
That's why the RouteYou platforms opens up your content in as many ways as possible.
- a simple or advanced print (map)
- gps devices (Garmin, Mio, Teasi, TomTom, Bryton,...)
- via our or your mobile website
- via our or your smartphone app
- route formats which are standard in the navigation and gis business
- view your routes
- download your routes
- comment on your routes
- indicate their activity
- create a specific "problem report" related to your route or network
All of this information is shared with you so you know what's going on. And you are the first to know.
With a Premium or Pro account, you get a detailed view on your statistics.
And on top of that, we can provide extra specific information such as heat-maps or create any other analysis on demand.
You might like to use also classic printed maps for your events or brochures. We have a great set of maps online available. But if you want to do more, we also provide cartography on demand.
All the info you maintain via the RouteYou CMS, you can use in your own website via plugins and web services. So there is no limit to what we provide as functionality. You can just add yours on top.
You don't have much time to convert your analogue or digital data to routes, routenetworks and POIs? Our experienced data engineering and geomatics team can do this for you.
Interested in revenue models? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and find out how you can make money with your content.
Many bigger and smaller tourist organisations are using RouteYou to create and maintain routes and to promote tourism for their region. Have a look here.
Here are a few great examples
- Walkingroutes in France & Belgium: www.randofamili.com
- Walks and hiking routeplanner in the Netherlands: www.wandelnet.nl
- Pro account on RouteYou of the Tourism Area of Limburg: toerismelimburg.routeyou.com
- Pro account on RouteYou of Hotel Winterberg:
- Premium account of an e-biking organization in Ireland: Wawvelo