Create news item
How to create a news item on RouteYou
- Log in
- Selecter CREATE In the main menu
- Select the option NEWS ITEM
Structure of the news
The meta info
- Title: Keep it short (max. 100 chars)
- Start date: The date indicates when it will be published. Don't put it too early in case it is linked to a specific date, because it might get pushed away by other news items.
- End date: Indicates when the item is not relevant anymore (you might take a date very far in the future if it stays relevant for ever)
- About: Indicates if the news is relevant for a specific type of route
The main info/news
The text-editor allows you to write a complete message including layout. Some advice:
- Structure your news with bullet-points and combine it with other text.
- Add a picture or a logo of your organisation (but don't make it too big: 512*256 pxls is big enough)
- Create a lot of links to routes, locations,... on RouteYou but also links to your website, Facebook page,...
- Create a link form Facebook and Twitter back to this news item on RouteYou (copy the URL)
What kind of news items do we allow on RouteYou, or don't
Read here what we consider as SPAM.
Where do we show your news
- On your public user page (under construction)
- In case we "upgrade it" to general news:
- On the home page
- On every private user page (when a user logs in)
- In our news letter we sent by email
Inform us to upgrade/promote your news
If your news is relevant for a lot of the RouteYou users, we like to upgrade it to general RouteYou news. This gives it a lot more exposure
What is relevant
- Events/news linked to routes and route-activities
- Events/news linked to specific places
- A combination of both
Inform us via email@example.com and send us a link to your news info after you created the news on RouteYou!
You can do this with your free account!