Mountain bike - nicest (routing type)
The RouteYou RoutePlanner has the routing option to plan a route as a MTB-er (called Mountain bike - Nicest).
This routing option takes the following into account:
- busy roads
- paved routes (but it will follow paved routes if there is nothing else available) - We tell you via the StarTracker (read more here) how much unpaved routes/paved routes there are in your track.
- unpaved routes which are marked as not allowed for bicycles (eg. parks, walking paths,...)
- industrial areas, built up areas
- ... (more thing you don't like as a rece cyclist)
- roads and paths which are car free or not too busy
- roads and paths which are gravel, unpaved
- nice roads (e.g. along rivers or lakes, along forests, open landscapes,...)
- parts of roads which are used in important MTB reference networks (e.g. in Belgium this is Sport.Vlaanderen/BLOSO)