POI Create/Edit Page
Table of contents
How to get to the POI Create/Edit Page
Jump to the next item if you are on the POI Create/Edit page already
- Go to the Location-page (have a look at this example). Here you can read how to find a Location and the Place of Interest-info.
- At the location page, select the pencil to create/add Place of Interest-info. If you want to edit the existing data (if it is yours!), you can select the "Basic data" (see figure below).
What can you do on the POI Create/Edit Page
Obviously you can create, edit and delete a POI here. But much more...
Add text info
- Add a text (select the language of your text) or add several translations (check out the translation option)
- Add the source of your text (e.g. Ray Kurzweil, 2008, The Singularity is Near)
- Link to the text source (e.g. http://www.singularity.com/)
- Link for more info (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Singularity-Near-Raymond-Kurzweil/)
More.. we help you translate
- You will also see the box "Show translation tools". Select this option
- You get a two window option
- Select in the right window your source language (select the language of which you already have a text available)
- Select in the left window your destination language
- In case the location is not transalted yet in the destination language, we aks you first to translate the Location (no POI without a Destination: read about the Location-POI model here)
- You can translate manually, but you can also try the auto-translate using the button below your source language. The auto-tranlsate helps a lot but it doen't give you a perfect translation. But you can always edit the proposed translation
- Confirm that you respect all copyright issues of the sources you used and...
- Click on "Confirm and save"
Delete text info
Just delete all the text and select "Confirm".
REMARK: Also the pictures attached to the text will be deleted!
The basics: Indicate the picture you want to add
- You can add an image using an URL (e.g. http://www.routeyou.com/documents/public/Material_for_Press/Pictures_Atmosphere/TOP_Bicycle_Shop.jpg)
- You can upload the picture from your PC
The reference information of the media indicates where you get the picture from!
MAKE SURE YOU DON'T USE MATERIAL WITH COPYRIGHT CLAIMS. READ HERE MORE ABOUT IT.
- Name of the media source (e.g. "Pascal Brackman at Wikipedia")
- Link to media source (e.g.http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestand:GentbruggeWatertoren.jpg)
General information (about the POI)
The "general information" will affect the "behaviour" of the POI (text + picture).
Type of text
Type op text allows to give structure to the different types of information (e.g. display might be influenced in the future by this type; if you use the RouteYou webservices, you can create your own behaviour on your website or application using the type-info).
The following text-types are possible
- General (that's the default)
- Contact information (to indicate this specific text is contact info)
- Event (to indicate this info is about a specific event)
- Video (to indicate this info contains a video, e.g. a YouTube object - check out this example). Read here how to include a video object in your POI.
Who can see this? + Release date + Expiry date
This is a public/private setting
Release date / Expiry date: this indicates the time the POI info is active (very handy when you want this information only visible in a specific period of time (you can see it as a public/private-setting with a timer)
FAQ related to the POI Edit options
Q: Can I add multiple pictures to a Location? A: Yes, but every picture is attached to a (small text). So you can have multiple texts to a location. And each text can have a picture. So there is only ONE picture per POI.
Q: Can I delete a POI? A: Yes, See above "Delete text info".